* Congratulating everyone on snow’s arrival. *grunt*
The snows are here! Kabuls mountains are decorated in white snow, i really can’t help but draft a similarity between a horrid ghost and the white kabul mountains drawing over us.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Success and laughter! Happiness in the family home = happiness over all.
2. What is your greatest fear?
Good byes and losing a loved one.
3. Which living person do you most admire?
Does it have to be just one? I’d say Khalid Hosseini and Afghan village women! Yep, i admire their strength.
4. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Being too nice, impatient.
5. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Bluffers/liars, lacking emotional security, hypocrisy.
6. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Practising ‘good’ muslims who overtly practise ‘loudly’. You’d think there are so many- everyone claiming to be one!
7. On what occasion do you lie?
I suck at that! My face gives it away. Generally, i don’t lie. but if i really have to, it would be to save someones face.
8. What do you dislike most about your appearance?
Nothing really. I’m satisfied with the way i look.
9. What is your greatest regret?
No regrets in life, everything is a learning experience! If you regret certain things, chances are you will gain a guilty conscience and god help you with that!
10. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Afghanistan and knowledge.
11. Which talent would you most like to have?
Being able to master Dari/ Persian poetry and literature. It’s such a profound and expressive language, perhaps broader than English.
12. What is your current state of mind?
Anticipation and excitement.
13. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
More patience. Does anyone have any to spare?
14. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Being in Afghanistan!!! At the moment aiming to recieve international mental therapy assistance for the Afghans. It’s tough but most rewarding.
15. If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?
Lion or tiger. lol
16. What is your most treasured possession?
My intellect and potential. Tangible items: photo album, itty bitty pieces which trigger great memories.
17. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
I don’t let anyone put me down, so i wouldn’t know! 🙂
18. Where would you like to live?
in Kabul but with annual holidays to rejuvenate!
19. What is your most marked characteristic?
being too straightforward and strong personality.
20. Who are your favorite writers?
Due to my obsession with Afghanistan- Khalid Hosseini, there are so many more.
21. Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
22. Who are your heroes in real life?
Mum, dad and expatraite community in Afg,
23. What is it that you most dislike?
Poverty! i HATE it!
24. What is your motto?
What goes around, comes around.
Zindagee do rooz hast.
Dunya wafaa nadareh, ageh ashkaat bebareh, tanha memooni. Vali ageh bekhandi, dunya ba rooyet mekhandeh.
25. Favorite Journey?
Returning to Kabul from Panjshir- singing and clapping to Afghan songs.
Islamabad- Peshawar- it was even better!
26. What do you value most in your friends?
27. Which words or phrases do you must overuse?
Are you serious?
Mebakhsheen (i apologise automatically for any thing- even if it’s the other persons fault! E.g bumping into a person at the shops. I guess it’s an aussie thing)
28. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Malalay, she has a strong personality just like me.
29. What is your greatest extravagance?
Clothes, perfumes and phone cards.
30. If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be?
Nothing, I love them the way they are!
31. What is your favorite occupation?
Interior architect, lawyer, wedding planner!
32. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Elegance and pride.
33. What is the quality you most like in a man?
Masculinity, security, strength, gentleman, decent, good heart, faithful, not pook…would you like me to continue?
34. How would you like to die?
What a pleasant question! But I want to die a martyr.
35. If you could chose what to come back as, what would it be?